Sunday, September 09, 2007

In Public

There has been much talk about knitting in public and bringing awareness of knitting to the public. I proudly knit in public at my son's swim lessons, tennis lessons, taking the MAX or while I am having a break at work. I am curious about why we are so afraid of doing things "in public." Such as breastfeeding. I have a three month old and am not shy about feeding her when we are out and about. Luckily I have not received any weird comments, but why are people freaked out by this? So, let's knit in public, breastfeed in public, scrapbook, dance, or whatever, let people know who you are.

1 comment:

Debby said...

Woo hoo! You're right...knitting in public (or crocheting or whatever) is the thing to do! It makes us more patient people with the inevitable situations when we've got to wait!